WHAT TO WEAR:
- Make a chic, individual fashion statement – Coachella festival has really evolved in terms of fashion over the past 5 years that I have been going so have fun with your personal style
- Total look; denim anything; flowing pieces; cool fabrics; bold prints; lace; embroidered details and color!
- Bring a jacket as the desert gets cold at night and I always love these pieces to complete a look as the sun goes down – the crazier the better; this year I opted for metallics like this one… here
- Your dancing shoes – boots and sneakers are always best as you want to be comfortable but look great at the same time!
- Accessorize without overdoing it – sunglasses and hats are a must to shade the heat and always bring a bandana to prevent breathing in too much dust from the wind, which can get bad at Coachella!
- Backpacks (not too big) are always a great solution for getting around all day long and dancing the night away!
- A great moisturizer and sunscreen as the desert is so dry, and don’t forget to drink lots of water to stay hydrated, I love tinted CC creams like this one… here
WHAT TO DO:
- Make sure you visit the town of Palm Springs as it has amazing mid-century modern architecture and amazing desert scenery, and my favorite – lots of palm trees!
- Rent a car through here and register for discounted car insurance here
- Plan your party and get organized – don’t miss your favorite band or DJ because you are trying to find your friends or stuck in traffic!
- Check out the cool art installations that change every year and are always so inspiring, and are great for photos…
- Go on the ferris wheel – this is iconic Coachella and has an amazing view, especially at sunset!
WHERE TO HANG:
- Poolside at any of the many Coachella day events at hotels and gorgeous private estates – I was one of the lucky guests of VFiles & Mountain Dew this year with a live performance by G Eazy which I streamed live from my Instagram!
- Grab an iced coffee or juice and chill with friends at the Ace Hotel!
- Sunset cocktails at the Mini Bar or in the lobby lounge at The Parker Hotel
- Chill out in the Rose Garden at Coachella with a craft cocktail and listen to the artists in the Sahara tent – this year I loved DJ Khaled and Empire of the Sun!
WHERE TO EAT:
- From any of the awesome, creative food vendors at Coachella – you can always recharge with a fancy chicken sandwich
- Birba – has great pizza and live music in the evening
- Eight4nine – lovely cocktails and food with fun décor
- The Edge Steakhouse – most amazing food and view!!!
- Workshop Kitchen & Bar – cool vibe and great cocktails!
WHERE TO STAY:
- Korakia Pensione – for a rustic but super chic experience…
- The Parker – old school Palm Springs glamor, luxury and very private bungalow experience…
- The Avalon – for a fun pool scene and incredible mountain view!
- The Ritz Carlton – for incredible luxury, service and a ‘never want to leave’ experience…
- J.W. Marriott – as a global supporter of these hotels they never disappoint and this property is amazing!