Explore London With Me!
What To Wear
- When in London this season I was loving multiple fall colors and uses of velvet in both apparel like this Saint Laurent bodysuit here and accessories like this Gucci bag here and Saint Laurent backpack here… I have pinned a lot of inspiration on my Pinterest boards here!
- Tailored outerwear like trench coats, men’s-style coats and oversized puffas… Think Burberry meets chic Inspector Gadget – loving the modern take on trench coats here
- Boots and booties – always a fall staple, especially in chic cities like London – being 5’10 I tend to wear 4 inches or lower and this season the kitten heel seen here is amazing for running around all day and night
- Sweaters are fashionable all year round in London however when there recently I was blessed with warm weather but you can never be too prepared plus it can complete a preppy look perfectly
- Jumpsuits or flightsuits – I absolutely love both of these fashion trends, plus like dresses they are great to pack when traveling as require minimal effort, check out this one for evening from Forward here
What To Do
- Visit any of the many historic attractions from the tower of London and Big Ben to Buckingham Palace and Westimister Abbey of course – you can spend days enjoying how much this city has to offer
- Albert Bridge, particularly at night is one of my favorite bridges to walk and take photos
- Take a river boat down the Thames or stroll along the riverside restaurants and parks
- Go shopping! So much to choose from like high street store Top Shop on Oxford St and department stores like Harrods to Browns and Dover St Market
- For the boys – buy a suit on Saville Row, think Kingsman! Only my favorite movie right now : )
What Gastro Pub Where
- When in London, I always love to stroll around Chelsea, and stop in at The Phene for a whisky and a snack at the end of the day
- The Ladbroke Arms has fantastic modern food for lunch or an early dinner after exploring Notting Hill
- The Harwood Arms is super laid back and very British but still quite upscale in terms of food and dining experience
- The Red Lion & Sun has a great garden so is lovely for a weekend pub lunch with friends and family
- I absolutely love The Footman in Mayfair for drinks and a more elegant gastro pub dining experience
- The Angelsea Arms in South Kensington is great for after work drinks and fun catch ups!
Where To Hang
- When in London you have to go to Sketch – I have been going here for years and it is a must do for dinner or late night cocktails
- Brasserie Zedel is great for pre or post the theatre or a day of shopping and sightseeing
- High tea at Café Royal – the décor is stunning, great service and lovely food as well
- Take some time out to relax in Hyde Park with a picnic and your camera
- Stroll down Portobello Road, if you like a bustling market scene then Saturdays are fun however week days are great for photos and a more relaxed vibe to just drop into several different venues and explore
Where To Eat
- The Ivy, London – I absolutely love both Soho and Chelsea locations for a long leisurely dining experience
- River Café – for an outdoor lunch with a spectacular view
- Red Rooster – having lived in NY for some time now I am super excited this has come across the pond, not good for the waistline but great for the soul
- Xu in Soho for modern Taiwanese who serve Pac-Man buns which make a great Instagram post or story
- Pret-A-Manger – ok I know that you are probably laughing at this but I honestly love Pret in London! I think it is the English cheese they use?!
- Chiltern Firehouse – for a super cool scene, great décor and fresh foodie menu from which I could order one of everything
Where To Stay
- Café Royale – James Bond style luxury rooms and in a great location for tourist attractions and high street shopping
- The Mayfair – affordable luxury, great breakfast, good for business trips and has a fun after work bar scene
- Blakes Hotel is in a great location for exploring Chelsea and is decked out in gorgeous Jonathan Adler decor
- Claridge’s – in a great central location with a little old world British glamor
- Covent Garden Hotel – again in a great central location with a unique style and many cool stores and food choices right on your doorstep
- Chiltern Firehouse – again for the cool scene, great décor and food style!