What to wear:
- Have fun and be yourself, the more individual and creative the better – embrace the mood and free style of Art Basel Miami!
- Colors, prints, stripes and florals even though I often end up in black!!!
- Sneakers for walking around the Art Basel fairs and events all day and night as there is always a lot of ground to cover!
- I take a backpack with me almost everywhere to carry my gear, make sure you check prior if you can bring your detachable lens camera
- Sunglasses snd hats are a must – day into night to shade the potential lack of sleep under the bright lights
What to do:
- Pick the art fairs that are your style and pre-purchase tickets because the lines are long and you cannot cover them all!
- Check out the open exhibitions in the hotels supporting Art Basel – there are often amazing hidden gems and you can walk through anytime
- Spend the day taking in the murals and street art at Wynwood
- Stroll around the Design District for great stores and unique interiors
- Walk along South Beach as there are so many sculptures in public spaces such as Collins Park and the beach!
Where to hang:
- The hotels always have awesome events and are great to just walk through with loads of art installations open to the public
- At the fairs of course – I love Scope, Pulse, Untitled and Project
- The Broken Shaker and 27 at the Freehand Hostel for fun vibes!
- The Confidante Hotel has really fun events like Public School x Art Basel!
- Poolside – my favorite way to relax and take it all in while in South Beach
Where to eat:
- Le Sandwicherie – so so good for sandwiches and fresh juice on the go!
- The Naked Taco for amazing healthy and fresh tacos!!!
- Mandolin Aegean Bistro – I absolutely love Greek food and this place never disappoints not to mention that the courtyard is lunch perfection!
- The Continental for a fun brunch scene, vintage vibes and photos
- Casa Tua for a magical group dinner and how I like to close out Basel!
Where to stay:
- Raleigh Hotel – old school art deco decor and vintage style
- 1 Hotel South Beach – beautiful decor and a great lobby meeting spot
- SLS South Beach – lots of late night fun and lovely food at The Bazaar
- Faena – cool new hotel and hosts amazing events during Basel too
- W South Beach – escape from the world in this complex and importantly, amazing poolside bungalow suites with rooftop and plunge pool!