WHAT TO WEAR:
- Time of year is obviously factor here – huge coats and scarves in winter are a must in Chicago in the winter
- Jeans, boots, sweaters – Chicago is fairly casual overall
- Flat shoes or sneakers as there is a lot of walking to do!
WHAT TO DO:
- Visit the Bean – day or night or both!
- Take photos in and around Agora – so inspiring
- Enjoy high tea at the Langham
- Stroll through the city admiring the architecture and Hancock Tower
- I am keen to visit Chitown in the summer and experience some fun on Lake Michigan so watch this space for some new adventures…
WHERE TO HANG:
- Ralph Lauren Restaurant bar for cocktails and light snacks
- Sawada for coffee and donuts – you must try the military one!
- Bucktown Wicker Park area – boutiques, local bars and street art
- Play pinball and other games at Barcade – late night is best!
- Sports games – Cubs, Bulls, Blackhawks and now rugby! Yay!
WHERE TO EAT:
- Longman & Eagle – farm to table brunch or dinner and craft cocktails
- Bavette’s for dinner – romance and lots of food!
- Girl & The Goat – an incredible foodie experience
- Bar Siena for a casual Italian, sporty vibe in the West Loop
- Duck Duck Goat for awesome Chinese and great decor
WHERE TO STAY:
- The Langham – great service and location next to the Chicago River!
- The Peninsula – glamourous hotel next to the Magnificent Mile
- Loews Downtown – modern luxury with fun rooftop for skyline views
- Four Seasons – always a lovely experience globally!