WHAT TO WEAR:
- When in Tulum I love to wear color, bold prints, stripes and lots of white for day and night, like this dress here
- Go for casual, boho styles, easy cover ups and swimsuits all day as the water is so beautiful, and the weather so humid
- I usually opt for a combination of workout attire, sneakers with a swimsuit for exploring ruins, cenotes, lagoons and jungle hikes
- Always take a hats, scarf or sarong and sunglasses to shield the sun, and be prepared for intermitent showers
- Flat shoes, sandals or sneakers for day and night casual vibes, evening strolls or to dance the night away
WHAT TO DO:
- There are so many things to do in Tulum, I love to walk along the main stretch of beach at dawn or dusk – this may be my favorite workout ever!
- Explore the Coba Ruins, and Tulum Mayan ruins – make sure you take a hat and a camera
- Discover wildlife whilst hiking in the jungle and go swimming in many of the cenotes – they are so picturesque and cool
- Relax by the beautiful Kaan Luum Lagoon and it’s surrounds
- Stroll around town and check out local markets with oodles of local crafts for sale like glassware and hammocks
WHERE TO HANG:
- Ziggy’s at The Beach Tulum is great for beach side cocktails on a swing and live music some evenings
- Casa Jaguar has a ‘jungle-feel’ cocktail or dinner with a focus on fresh, local, artisinal dishes
- Casa Banana has amazing Argetinian style food in a rustic authenitc setting which is great for photos and fun for groups
- Gitano for post-dinner cocktails, chilling out, music and dancing
- At any of the beach bars along ‘the strip’… as you explore the beach and the main road, there are many nooks and cool local bars
WHERE TO EAT:
- Fresco’s for great juices, ceviche, salads and amazing brunch!
- Casa Violeta for a leisurely Italian-style oceanside lunch with amazing decor and view to match – make sure you aks for the specials!
- El Camello in Tulum town is super low key andis great for fresh local seafood including ceviche of course
- El Tabano is lovely for a casual, yet romantic dinner with fresh, local Yucatan cuisine
WHERE TO STAY:
- Being spoilt for choice, there are so many Tulum places to stay, but to name a few… The Beach Tulum is in an amazing location and has great pools, rooms, food and cocktails
- Mi Amor like many hotels in Tulum is an adults only boutique hotel which is super chic and relaxing
- Encantada is in a great location as well as being both luxurious and private, great for couples and romance
- Sanara is a great hotel design, amazing food and excellent yoga
- La Zebra is a great more affordable option with a fun beach club scene and great cocktails!